day 223. [band geek]

For those that don't know ... I'm a band geek. I will always be a band geek no matter how hard I try to deny it. I can play the "science" kid role all I want, heck I can play the "athlete" role all I want too but the moment we start talking about band stuff all hell breaks loose and out comes this kid some people have never met.

My brother and I did band all throughout middle school and high school. We played for the same teachers. We played for the same band district. In fact, we even played some of the same songs. We're 10 years apart though, ha.

It was so good to just talk about band because like I wrote in one of my posts - band is where a lot of my good memories come from. Some days band was a struggle, but other days band was a lot of fun. SO much fun.

To end it, I busted out the oboe and played today for a bit. Give me a month or two and I could definitely be back to where I was in high school.

One last thing. It would be too easy for me to remember our song set for contest senior year, so I put it upon myself to try and remember our song set for 8th Grade Contest. GO PANTHERS!!

Check these three songs out:

01. Exaltation by James Swearingen
02. Fire Dance by David Shaffer
03. Ballade by Derren Jenkins

I should mention, none of these recordings are of the actual OHMS 8th Grade Band, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment