day 003. [confidence]

First off, Happy Memorial Day! I'm so glad I got today off from classes. I don't think I'd have gotten out of bed even if we had classes today. Partially because I was up late talking to various people about what I've been up to, this blog, and talking to Tarra as she finished up our blog that we wrote together :) (ch-ch-check it out). As for today though it's honestly been a lazy day. It was a day that started promptly at 12:30 PM. Probably the latest I've woken up all summer, haha. But how my day started was me going down to the chapel in Corrado to practice some worship music for Hall Mass on Wednesday. I gave up trying to learn the hymns so I ended up just practicing and learning some worship songs that I've known or heard.

While playing some worship music though I realized two things:

The first of the two was my BibTrad passage, Philippians 2:1-11. It's an awesome passage filled with how Christ followers should be. If you aren't familiar with the passage, it's talking about how we need to "self-empty" ourselves and put others before us. In other words be humble, look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others (Philippians 2:4). It's definitely a reminder not to myself, but for others. We get so caught up in our lives that we forget about others around us. Sometimes those other people are people we care about. Just think about it the next time you find yourself getting caught up in your own ambitions ;)

As for the second thing I realized, I realized just how at home I feel in front of the piano (more like behind the piano, haha). This may come to be a shocker for some, but I used to be a shy little kid and I still am a little shy here and there. There's something about being behind the piano and singing worship songs that makes me feel at home and comfortable. I seem to be able to shed off every and any kind of insecurity that is bothering me and just feel powerful and confident. I definitely feel like a different person, but in a good way. Just sitting at the piano and singing is probably one way where I don't feel shy at all. Weird, I know, but it's how I work, haha.

After I did some worship and got my mind focused on the task ahead of me, I decided to really dive into my BibTrad work. I kind of failed and just decided to do some devos, haha. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Eventually I had dinner with Melanie. We made quesadillas!! They were delicious. As for now, we're getting ready for tomorrow [studying and doing homework]. For a much needed homework break we've decided that we're going to play some Guitar Hero and make some playlist for our much needed road trip this weekend!

There's nothing else to say other than tomorrow is June 1st! Crazy how time is flying by.

For you Oak Harbor folks. Be ready for a surprise this Saturday :)
If you know what I'm talking about, keep your mouth shut!

PS. I'm surprised I got a photo of today because at first I had no idea what I was going to do today since I woke up late, but it all worked out in the end. Thanks God! (literally, haha)

2 comments:

  1. I play piano (well, keyboard) too! I'm still learning, though. Haha. Pretty cool! BTW, I've noticed right away how good your composition really is since you started 365! Not that I hadn't noticed before, but it stands out more here, I think, because you're forced to make the most of the situation. Not rely on a photo session, of sorts, where you have some planning time... Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keyboard? Piano? I regard them as technically the same thing, haha.

    As for composition, you can go two different ways with that. One way being the actual photo itself or two the way I edit the photo.

    If we're talking about just the first one, you OBVIOUSLY didn't know me before I started doing portrait work. Well, maybe you did, haha. I'm just revisiting some of the old ways I took photos. The angles I'm using here, you just can't really use them on a person. So I thought I'd break out the old angles and put them to some good use since I'm not doing anything portrait related right now.

    If we're talking about the second kind of composition. I'm right now only doing the same edit, haha. Just messing around with tints and colors. Look up lomography because that's essentially what I've done to each picture thus far. Also, instead of editing 5-10 photos, I'm lucky enough to only have to edit ONE photo. That means I can take as many risks as I want and potentially mess up as often as I want, haha.

    But yes, it did make sense as to what you were trying to say, haha.

    ReplyDelete