day 025. [nom nom nom]

To save you guys a recap, here's what happened today:

Woke up and got ready for BibTrad. Listened to our seminars we had to do.

Went to history and took notes. Although I'm pretty sure I was falling asleep a tad bit. Luckily for us, Els cut class early because of car problems

I then went to the library to really haul ass on my final papers for BibTrad. I've got 8/12 pages right now!!

The whole point of this blog today was about food excursions!

Normally as a University of Portland student I, and my fellow UP classmates, would get food from the good ol' Commons. That's under construction right now seeing as the whole food dealio for next year is changing. Finally, we're going to be up to speed with some of the other schools that have the same food vendor.

Because of that the summer session kids are kind of left to go get their food at The Cove. If you eat there just once, you kind of get sick of it. During the school year it's alright because there's other places to eat, but right now on campus The Cove is the only place we can get anything to eat. During the summer though, you get sick of it. Surprisingly, Melanie and I managed to eat at The Cove only a total of five times this summer.

As for the rest of the time, we either: 1) went out to eat 2) made something for food 3) went to go get some fast food.

Here's a list of places we went, things we made, and places where we just wanted to grab a quick bite of food.

Sit-Down Places:
1) Thai Ginger (once)
2) P.F. Chang's (once)
3) Sushi Land (three times)
4) Yo Cream (twice)
5) Spaghetti Factory (once)
6) Little Red Bike Cafe (together we've gone twice, this summer though I've gone about 6 times)
7) 1-2-3 Thai (once, that's when we were at my house)
8) Applebees (once, again when we were at my house)

Food we made:
1) Broccoli Pasta (three times, that's what I took a photo of today by the way - I made it!)
2) Quesadilla's (once and I made them)
3) Fried Rice (once, that was the time we went to Trader Joe's to get the stuff for it)
4) Scrambled eggs (twice)

Fast Food:
1) Chipotle (twice)
2) McDonalds (three times)
3) Wendy's (once)
4) Panda Express (three times)
5) Ikea (once)

To explain Ikea, it was the first time I'd ever gone there and we decided to get some food there.

It's been quite a food adventure finding different outlets other than campus food to eat this past summer. Luckily, we'll be home soon and before we know it our parents will be cooking food for us again. Or in my case, I tend to eat less while I'm home. I don't understand why that is. I don't understand why I didn't gain vast amounts of weight this past school year! haha

I should get back to work on my finals. That's it for tonight though.

Speaking of food ... Caitlin and I are going out to eat dinner with Kurt Berning (who just came back from Australia) on Thursday!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, that looks so good! Yay for Thursday! I'm excited :D A good way to end summer session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin. Not only does it look good. It tasted really good too. Compliments to Melanie teaching me how to make it, but bigger compliments to me making it!! haha

    I can't wait for dinner on Thursday with Kurt! I totally second that it will be such a great way to end the summer session before we go on home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YoCream doesn't really count. Frozen yogurt isn't a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call. Maybe I'll move it down somewhere.

    But in my defense, we did go there because we weren't hungry for a meal at all, so we substituted frozen yogurt for our meal, haha.

    Eh, I take that back. Too lazy to move it X)

    But, good call!

    ReplyDelete