day 008. [home]

Lo and behold ... The next place my friends and I went was - Oak Harbor! I'm so glad that we're here.

The initial reason why we came up to here was because I needed to get my other DSLR, ha. Long story short - ask me :)

So when we got here we first ended up playing some Mario Kart after we all took our showers, separately. I also surprised Steven by being his birthday present! It was actually a lot of fun playing Mario Kart with more than just Melanie. Although the thing is, having the TV divided into 4 parts was kind of confusing and a little different.

After that Keenan, Melanie, and I went out to 1-2-3 Thai (saw some old band-mates there) to get some lunch food because we were obviously hungry. Then I took them to a park that I grew up playing on as well as taking them on a tour around my elementary school. Memories man! It was a lot of fun just filling them in on the 5-10 year old Rick!! :D

Then we went to my middle school which happened to be right next to Blockbuster where I rented the last two discs of Glee. While at Blockbuster I also bought three movies: I Love You Beth Cooper, 500 Days of Summer, and UP! I took them on a tour of my middle school too.

If you're wondering - I didn't take them to my high school because we just went to my house seeing as my brother was going to take us out to eat. Seeing as we ate though, we were kind of still full, so we all just got dessert because the three of us weren't all that hungry from the Thai.

Afterwards, I dropped my brother off at the house so that the three of us could go out and take some pictures of the sky at West Beach. If there is one thing I miss for sure about living in Oak Harbor is that the sunsets are just amazing. I then decided to go visit a friend on a surprise visit :)

I haven't seen Kristen since Christmas break, so it was a lot of fun getting to see her and just catching up for that little bit we were there. I'll definitely be needing to catch up with her when I'm home for the summer ... for good!

Now the three of us are catching me up on episodes 9-13 of Glee!! YIPEE!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I went to a playground with some friends, too! Except at City Beach... Yes, the sunset was amazing! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me (a sin, I know! Ha).

    P.S. I love 500 Days of Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok. I wanted to give the new camera body a spin ... I forgot the batteries at my house, haha.

    We both failed, haha.

    ReplyDelete