day 071. [senior photos: kevin]

Lo and behold, I was able to finish up Kevin's senior photos today! It was kind of a bit rushed, but it's alright because what's important is the fact that we finished!!

Unfortunately though, it was raining ... a lot. In fact, at one point in the day today I had prayed to God that he would at least bring some sunshine to the city of Oak Harbor. Boy does he have a sense of humor, one that still confuses me a little bit, haha. What I mean by that is, when I finished my prayer it started to rain even harder; real funny God.

I'll talk more about Kevin once I do a recap on my day though. I was fortunate enough this week to get at least one of the proofs back from one of the seniors I did [Caytie Matthews]. With that I went to purchase her photos this morning. It was actually pretty cool to finally have her photos in my hands. Physically that is. I then gave those to her. I was really close to just taking a wallet from her, but I'll let her distribute those first as needed, haha.

From there I decided to go to the gym and workout for a bit before I played a few games of volleyball with people who actually know how to play. Not saying that the Navy people don't know how to play, but it can get a little frustrating sometimes when it's just passing the ball over back-and-forth. Trust me, it gets old. After being there though I went home to get ready and waited for Kevin and Devan, his girlfriend, to get to my house so I could do his photos.

Now, if you know me, I've had a meeting with all of my seniors prior to doing their photos. With Kevin on the other hand, I did not get that initial meeting, seeing as I've only known him now for two weeks. It seems like we've known each other longer, but that's besides the point. Seeing as I didn't have that meeting with him I pretty much took him to some of the same spots that I've taken other seniors. Here's the catch though: Kevin doesn't go to Oak Harbor High School. It works out for him to have the same places as everyone else. His photos will look different compared to most people in his yearbook. It works out.

If you're wondering where I did take him, I took him to North Campus, Graffiti Wall, and Fort Casey. You'll notice that he's the first senior that I've taken to the Graffiti Wall. He potentially might be the only senior that I take to the Graffiti Wall as well.

I honestly wish I wasn't as rushed as I was, but with the time I had though we got things done. To add to the rush of the things we pretty much had to choose the photos he wants to purchase, as well as his yearbook photo ... today. I plan on never doing that again, ha. Tomorrow though I'm going in to go purchase his photos. Oh yeah! I'm also going to get Allison's photos done tomorrow too! Yay for finally getting these photos back to the seniors!!

PS. To see more of today's photos, not just Kevin's senior photos, check out my flickr :)

No comments:

Post a Comment