day 079. [cut-off]

It's a Sunday, what else do you expect me to write about?

Well besides going to church and youth group today, I do have to say that it is ... FLIPPIN HOT IN OAK HARBOR!! In fact, it was about 80 degrees in the later part of the afternoon. Talk about flippin hot!

In other news though, church was good. It was definitely nice to see everyone I went to camp with again. It was much nicer because I was well rested and did not have to deal with being on a bus full of people that wouldn't be quiet. Moving on. Russ gave a good message today on how we as a church should be in the middle of this transition. Actually, I should say in the middle of the transitions going on at the church.

For those of you reading and wondering what's been going on at Living Word, this is what's been going on:
  • Associate Pastor Andy Mahoney has become the Senior Pastor at New Convenant
  • Children's Pastor [K-5th Grade] Janelle Ibaven has become the new Associate Pastor at Living Word
  • Children's Pastor [1's-4's] Renee Walstad has become the Children's Pastor for all ages
  • Youth Pastor Angel Esquivel has been called to plant a church in the Tri-Cities
A lot is going on, but even in the midst of this the church seems to be holding up. It was a great message from Russ on how the church has to continue to seek God out through what may seem like a storm.

As for Youth Group tonight, Tommy spoke tonight. Let me say something before I go into what he spoke about, I love it when Tommy speaks. God is really using him to speak to the youth that was put before him tonight. Tommy, you are seriously doing some serious God work. Thought I'd let you know, if you're reading ;)

Anyways, he spoke on holiness and what it means to be holy. Talk about an eye-opener. Especially an eye-opener that came from right after camp, ha. Seriously though, God was definitely using him to speak to us tonight. Going to miss him when he leaves for Life. It'll all be good because all of us college folks will be going our ways in the next few weeks!

Afterwards, instead of going to Applebee's with everyone I went over to Tasha's to watch Lord of the Rings. I don't know what I was thinking because I was seriously hungry the whole time and was texting Laura Nagel [who was right next to me] about how hungry I was. Good thing was, Laura was hungry too. She felt my pain!

Before I forget to mention, I have senior photos going on tomorrow.

Senior #7 will remain a mystery until tomorrow!

PS. If you're wondering, it's the day where I do my self-portrait :)

PPS. I'm aware that there's something in my teeth. I was just a little too lazy to want to clean my teeth and redo the picture

PPS. Being gone for a total of two weeks to summer camps has made my face REALLY dark. Like beyond what I want it to be, bahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Tom read this & I agree with what you said =)

    ReplyDelete