day 082. [judgement day]

I had the pleasure of getting to head Donuts & Devos this morning. That also meant I had the pleasure of getting the two boxes of donuts, two cartons of orange juice, and a carton of chocolate milk. I should thank Pastor Russ for filling me in on the whole getting reimbursed for these purchases. That's $21.95 dollars I'll get back. In the words of Jordan Otruba this morning, "As a college student, any dollar helps."

College students are seriously the step above homeless. Just think about it. It's so true. If you deny it, you're just lying to yourself, ha.

Speaking of college though, I managed to order my books today. The total came out to $277. Had I bought the books from the University of Portland bookstore it would have cost me nearly $400+. Yeah, not going to happen. Spring semester might be the last semester where I'll buy any of my books from the UP bookstore. Other than buying my books I managed to also do some packing of clothes. I really need to stop being so apathetic when it comes to my packing for school. It's not like camp where I can pack the night before, haha.

Aside from that though I had the opportunity to be a judge today at the 4-H Photography competition. Let me tell you something - this was my first time being a judge for anything photography related. It's a tad different, for those that don't know. I'm honestly used to being the one who enters things in. For the first time though I realized I hadn't entered anything in at all this last year.

I was amazed though with some of the photos. For the age that some of these kids are and the composition of their photos, you want to ask if they really did take the photos. Some of these kids are only 11 and they have better composition compared to people who are around my age. It made me want to go back in time and do better at photography when I was their age. Either way though, I'm good at it now! That's all that really matters.

While in Langley though I got to see Mrs. Ross and Mrs. Hall [both of them are parents are 4-H'ers]. It was nice to talk about camp to both of them. I was fortunate enough to have both of their sons [Stevie & Danny] in my cabin at camp.

Being there at the 4-H Fairgrounds was fun too because I did get to hang out and have some fun. Other than that, that's what I did today.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment