day 065. [jessica]

Disclaimer: Sorry if my posts seem to be a little lackluster. That goes for the pictures as well. I didn't realize how exhausted I really got from a whole week of Kid's Camp. Trust me though, once I get over the exhaustion things should get back to normal!

Moving on to what I did today. Obviously I went to church, which was to my surprise ... shocking, haha. If you read the Remember When's you'll know that there's one remember when in particular that scared the crap out of me. Well, yesterday was Janelle's first sermon as the Associate Pastor at Living Word. She managed to use that story in her message. Luckily, people thought it was more funny than alarming seeing as most of those leaders were Living Word Leaders!

I'm just glad that she has a sense of humor towards it. I mean, it was done and there's nothing we can do about it other than joke around about it, haha.

I went home after church, but what I did, I normally don't do. So I normally don't attend worship practice, but since I had to give Erika a ride there, I decided that I might as well stay and take some photos, which I obviously did. What I loved the most was Jessica was leading worship for both Jr. High and High School Youth Group.

If you don't know Jessica, you're missing out. She's such an awesome person. She is truly someone who lives her life for God. It's been amazing getting to know her since the end of my Junior year of high school. It was so much fun to see her yesterday! Wish I could have hung out with everyone at Applebee's yesterday.

Anyways, Youth Group was yet another good one. We talked about homosexuality and how as Christians we should respond to that. It was something I feel people needed to hear whether or not they were ready to hear it. Like Angel said last night, sometimes we are called to feel uncomfortable.

Afterwards, instead of going to Applebee's with everyone else, I just decided to go over to the Ross' place and watch Kate Plus 8 with Kristen. I know, I hung out with Kristen after having spent a whole week with her at Kid's Camp. This was different though because we weren't with kids, it was just us. Honestly though, we were still kind of in Kid's Camp mode, haha. I honestly wish we could hang out more this summer, but we're both so busy! When Nate, Danny, Isaac, and Levi came home from Wild Waves I stayed there for a bit to watch some X-Games, which to my surprise was actually fun to watch.

PS. Seriously though, get to know Jessica if you don't already know her. She's awesome and she has some awesome words of wisdom in her 19 year old brain :)

If only she liked robots instead of dinosaurs, then she'd be pretty close to perfect ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dinosaurs.


    P.s. Rick, you're cool. I'm super blessed to know you and call you friend!

    ReplyDelete