day 093. [drum squad]

It's another Sunday. The Sunday that wasn't spent with Living Word or LYC :(

I gotta move on though and get used to the fact that I see my church family from home when I'm well ... there, ha. I'll get used to it though once the year gets going.

Anyways, moving on from the whole church thing I think the most exciting thing from today was the fact that there was a women's soccer game going on as one of the last things during orientation. If you've ever been to a soccer game here at the University of Portland you'll know exactly that a soccer game isn't complete unless the Villa Drum Squad is there! In fact, I'm pretty sure that aside from the winning that our soccer team does, the drum squad is what makes UP as known as it is, haha ;)

If you want, check out some of the other photos from today's game at my flickr.

We ended up winning the game, except I actually don't know what the score was because I ended up leaving right before we won. I left to visit a friend who was living in Shipstad. Again, coming back to campus has just been a ton of fun because it's honestly been reconnecting with old friends while trying to make new ones too. But seriously, between trying to read for a class on Tuesday and just making some final touches on my room I've been hanging out with friends and just having a good time.

In fact, for dinner we went to the Commons, which has had some major work done to it. Being in the new commons made me feel like a freshman because it was all so new to me. It seriously is what senate had envisioned last year when we were talking about it in meetings. One of these days I will probably make it the picture of the day for the blog, ha. I'll just have to figure out one of the days that doesn't have much going on! Even the plates have been upgraded!

Aside from that though another big event that happens on Sunday's is Sunday Night at the Races. That will probably be another picture for the blog one of these many Sunday's I spend here in Villa and the University of Portland. It's pretty fun and as a Villan you just get all rallied up for your wing! Good job today though 2_C!!! [Inside joke as to why the underscore is there, haha].

Well, I hope you all had an awesome Sunday. For those that start classes tomorrow ... GOOD LUCK!!

I know for a fact though that University of Portland is starting tomorrow. Time to get ready for classes and bed!! Night everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment