day 074. [purity]

This morning started out with a really good sermon given my Katie Barnhart. She spoke on how at one point in her life God called her to live a life of purity. Also, how living this life really changed who she was from when she started high school to when she finished high school.

The funny thing about God calling her to live a life of purity is that during Kid's Camp God had called me to live a life of obedience. Obviously during Kid's Camp had God started to speak elaborately to me on what a life of obedience looks like it might not have stuck. I mean during Kid's Camp my focus was not on me, it was on my boys. During high school camp though God had the ample opportunity to speak to me about a life of obedience and even give me a picture of what that looks like. (I'll go in more detail with the later posts).

It seriously started with this sermon though. God revealed to me in bits what obedience was going to look like.

Later that night at chapel Shane spoke on Grace and how Freedom is attached to it. God tested me that night at the altar call to see if I would really be obedient to him. You see, in past times at altar call when we have an opportunity to let go of things I have a tendency to hold onto a few areas of my life so that I know I'm still in control. But it's not about me anymore. It's about having freedom from the grace of God. It was about me being obedient and letting him strip me of everything that had defined me for the past 19 years. It was weird because I stood there in the presence of God bare, weak, and vulnerable. I also stood before him as Rick Baleros. That's it. Nothing more. No titles. No labels. No judgement. I was just Rick Baleros. Do you realize how good that felt? How uplifting that was?

Let me tell you though, I was clueless as to what would happen from there though. I didn't know whether or not to be overly joyous. I didn't know whether or not to cry. I was just clueless. The thing is, God had a few more days to reveal even more to me what this season of my life would look like ...

No comments:

Post a Comment