day 077. [party]

I wanted to punch someone after today's morning chapel, ha. God literally called me out. I'm sure he called out other people, but he honestly called me out with the sermon that Phil gave this morning.

He used Phil to call me out in SEVEN areas of my life that are not only lacking, but are areas of my life that created a covenant with God that has OBEDIENCE stamped all over it.

I felt that God was using this last sermon to just wrap things up for me. Just close out what this life of obedience is going to look like for the years to come. Am I scared? Oh hell yeah! But am I excited? Definitely. Not only will this be a season of obedience, but it will also be a season of trust. That's because for the first time in my life I don't know what to expect from God. I don't even know what to think about how this will all turn out. That's because I'm more interested in what God has to offer me day by day. This really will be a season of crying out to God daily. This is what I want. This is what I'm fighting for now.

As for evening chapel, there was no sermon. It was just straight up worship. But different ways of worship were there. Journaling, singing, painting, praying, and even communion. I think the kind of worship that definitely got to me was the traditional worshiping of singing worship music. Something about worship music and worshiping from the heart is really powerful. Also journaling was powerful for me. I've always been someone to write, but I've held back on it until this past week. God has revealed my old love for writing/journaling. I get a joy and a sense of peace out of it. The one station that hit me at my core was the prayer station. Not because it was a time to talk to God, but it was also an opportunity for me to write down the name of a someone to accept Jesus Christ in their life. I hope you know I'm praying for you.

For such a serious day, and the last full day of camp; how else do you think we ended it? Well, it a dance party and a bonfire. Oh man, I love dance parties. I think I might have gotten carried away with my dancing, bahaha X)

I gotta learn how to keep it Church-Rated, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment