day 035. [scientific photographer]

"To the left, to the left" are the two necklaces my dad bought me. Well, they were two separate necklaces, but the charms are now on the same chain. As for where we got these, we got them from this indie website. It's just fitting that they had both a microscope (biology major) and a camera (photographer). It's truly the best of both worlds! Seriously though, getting these necklaces in the mail today was the best part of the day. Even if I did have a worship session with a few friends and then hung out for a bit with others. I have been waiting for these necklaces this past week!

As for today, it started out with me leaving Oak Harbor at 4:30 AM to drive down to Redmond to coach my old club team at 7:00 AM. Now, I thought the high school team, especially the Junior & Senior team, had practice in the afternoon during the summer because we always have the earlier practices during the year. This was the text conversation between my coach and me last night:
Me: Coach, hey, so I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be at practice tomorrow ready to coach!
Coach: Rick! That's awesome to hear that you still don't mind having to leave Oak Harbor at 4:30 AM to get here for their 7 AM practice. I'm proud of you.
Me: What!? I thought they had the later practices during the summer. I mean we always had the later practices over the summer when I was playing ...
Coach: Not on Friday's, they as a team decided to just have an early practice on Friday's and Saturday's so they have the rest of the day to do stuff.
Me: Alright ... I'll see you at 7 coach ...
Oh man, was it fun ...

Once I got home though, that was a different story. Had lunch, took a quick shower, and then headed over to the bookstore where I was able to pick up the copy of Crime and Punishment. That was awesome because today felt like Christmas. Getting the necklaces and then getting the book that I've been eyeing for awhile.

Speaking of books, I was originally going to return The Adolescent once I got my hands on Crime and Punishment, but you know what? I'm not going to do that anymore because The Adolescent has surprisingly been a good read. Quite an easy read, so I figured I might as well finish the book :)

After picking up the book I headed over to West Beach to join my friend Laura Nagel for a worship session. I also made a new friend! Katherine Limpin :) I really enjoy worship for what it is. I mean, a great message at church is awesome, that's the heart of the service, but there's something about worship, especially when you yourself do it right, that is so powerful! To me, worship really gets your heart in the right place to really hear what God has to say through the message. The way I think about worship, it's more than singing because if you do it right, you're talking to God. It's amazing. And it was a lot of fun just getting to do worship with a few people today, even if it was last minute. but hey! It's summer, so it's alright to be spontaneous!

PS. Five weeks to this blog and I'm still going! :)

3 comments:

  1. If this were facebook, I would definitely click the 'like' button. ;)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, thanks :)

    I definitely had fun with you today, especially the parts where we bickered :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah... I would have the same reaction if my coach informed me of that. =P And yes, worship is amazing! Music just moves me.. I don't know. It runs real deep and it is like I'm having a conversation and worship with Him.

    ReplyDelete