day 059. [spy disguise]

(end of month two!)

Day 001 of Camp started bright and early at 6:45 ... I think, I know that the other days started even WAY earlier than that, haha.

There was some excitement in getting to meet these kids, although as a leader there were a few more things that needed to be done and so meeting the boys didn't get done until all of that had to be done.

Seeing as the campers didn't get to the campsite until 9 that morning, the schedule was adjusted just a tad bit to get the campers to do what they had to do. The very first thing they did this year was a swim test - in a pool, not a lake. From there I do believe we had lunch for a bit before we did some activities around the camp site. Rock climbing, archery, and swimming were what we made to be their activities today.

Somewhere in the day Kevin, Steven, and I realized that our 15 boys we had wouldn't be the easiest boys to handle ... two years in a row for me (haha). None the less though, as leaders we were there to love on these boys and really just lead them to Christ as well as showing them what it means to be  young men, not little boys.

Later in the day all the campers had to attend chapel. It was an eye opener, for me. I'd been spending too many months trying to run away, but wanting to come back to God. I can't thank Janelle so much for her prayers and what she said to me that night as I was breaking down in front of her.

I've got to run this race with God with my head looking towards him. I can't look back otherwise I'm going to run into something and possibly run into people.

What a first day of Kid's Camp!
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

2 comments:

  1. They are honestly my favorite pair of stunnas I own because they are personal :)

    What a great idea you had for R4L!!

    ReplyDelete