day 047. [SD: day 003]

I showed up late today because I was working. Long story short, today was my last day of work. Ask me in person, text, facebook message, or even a phone call if you want to know what went down. Actually, don't text me, it's too much to really put into a text message.

Seeing as I showed up late I went looking for my kids. What's funny is, I knew they were at games, the game they were playing was a scavenger hunt. Do you see what's funny about that? They were looking for something while I was looking for them. haha. I eventually found them and was kind of in a pissed off mood. Funny what God can do when your heart isn't in the right place. He definitely turned my heart within the first few minutes of being there. It wasn't about me and how I was feeling, it was about the kids. That's what this whole week has been about, them. We ended the games station with Red Rover, Red Rover.

We moved to the verse station where Kristen taught us the verse and then Ms. Janelle took over. While she took over, Kristen and I ate some mango flavored ice cream. Today's verse was:
The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still - Exodus 14:14
We kind of had a "You Got Served" moment though with the memory verse station, the side I was on totally versed the other side. WHAT!? WHAT!? Yeah, it didn't help though that on my side we had Ms. Tasha and myself.

Seeing as today we took the group picture today's craft was making the frames so that the pictures could be housed. I honestly forgot to grab an extra frame, if they had any, to make the frame myself. Darn it. But yeah, that was the craft for today. It was simple, the kids had fun making them, and it'll be a great way to remember a great week!

I honestly don't remember what was for snack, ha. During snack time though water guns got pulled out and people were getting wet from the water guns. Best part was when I made Tasha look like she peed her pants. The kids loved it. Ms. Tasha on the other hand, maybe not, but I know the kids loved it!

Today's leader challenge was an awesome one. Some of the kids got to put whip cream on the leader's (Ms. Novella, Ms. Brianne, and Ms. Briana) faces. Then with water guns they had to see who could get their leader's face the cleanest. It was clearly obvious that Ms. Novella's face was the cleanest getting the Green Team a solid win, but Ms. Tasha made it so that it was a three-way tie between the teams. Good job to Green Team though with a win!

Yellow Team: 1 - 2
Green Team: 1 - 2
Red Team: 1 - 2

All the teams are on the board! WOO-HOO!! Only two more days left with these kids, but I get a whole week with some of the kids seeing as I was given the opportunity to go to Summer Camp with the kids!
----------------------------------------
As for the rest of the day, it was chatting it up with my good brother Sean Welch. I trust him with parts of my life that I wouldn't trust anyone else with. This is obviously with God aside. I love that guy. Thanks Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment