day 037. [america]

As promised, a photo of the fireworks from tonight!

Today's shot is definitely another shot dealing with long exposures. If I were you, click on it to enlarge it :)

Now that that's done, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! I hope all of you had safe 4th of July's. I know I did, it was a hectic one with last minute planning. If you know me one bit you know very well that last minute planning kind of makes me anxious. Don't know why, but it just does, always has.

I started today, obviously, at church and I must say I miss Living Word. I've got all of my spiritual roots planted into that church that Living Word is the next best thing to my own house. There's definite changes going on, but that's God moving in people and putting them places where they need to be. It's a new season in their lives and we just have to be able to embrace that and be excited for the changes going on at Living Word itself!

When church got over I joined a few friends, seeing as my parents were out of town (again!) for a BBQ. Just like how I have a second home, I've got myself a second family that's always willing to accept me when my parents ditch me ... haha. BBQ was awesome, all of us, for sure, got tired from food. That didn't stop us from going out to eat again at this restaurant called Flyers. Good thing was, there was some separation in time from the BBQ to Flyers.

Now, usually I go to the carnival and walk around, scope out some friends, and occasionally hit the rides. I forgot to add in that I'd visit all the Filipino aunties who had tents set up and food cooking! Free food = the best kind of food! This year was different, no carnival, no walking around, no scoping out some friends, no rides, and definitely no visiting the aunties for free food; not that I'd be able to eat it seeing as I'm all vegetarian now, ha. Instead, I just hung out with friends in a house, a restaurant, and an apartment. It wasn't until close to 10 did we leave for City Beach (aka Windjammer Park) to watch the fireworks. Pretty sweet, kind of the same as many past firework shows, but you know it was good. I definitely got some sweet shots, this is only one of them (obviously). It's late, so I don't plan on putting the other ones up on flickr until tomorrow. Be sure to check that out though!

Again, I hope all of you had some awesome 4th of July's. I'm just kind of glad it's over, bahaha.

GO AMERICA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment