day 038. [volleyball]

I'm coaching these days, volleyball that is. I'm also coaching down in Redmond, WA, which is a good 2 hours south of Oak Harbor. That usually means I leave Oak Harbor 2.5 hours prior to needing to be at work. I honestly wouldn't even call it work because I'm getting paid to do something I REALLY love.

It's a lot of fun getting to coach the Junior & Senior team seeing as they just finished up their 2009-2010 season by ending it with a national title! I'm so proud of those guys. They did what we tried to do last year. But hey, a 2nd place finish is not bad at all.

After coaching today though I got back home and right away I met up with a friend of mine. James and I met at Starbucks because we were discussing his senior photos! It's so weird because when I met him he was a sophomore and now he's a senior photos and I feel honored to be taking his photos. In fact, this week is me meeting up with some seniors to discuss their photos that I'll be taking. Keep an eye out because their photos might grace the pages of my blog :)

Afterwards though I went home and literally just sat on my butt watching the FIVB World League and the FIVB Grand Slam. Anyone who's reading this has to understand that I'm such a volleyball freak! I LOVE THE SPORT SO MUCH!! So while everyone is watching the World Cup I'm in the midst of watching what is considered the "World Cup" of Volleyball for both indoor and beach. Funny thing is, while most people are upset that the USA got out of the World Cup I was actually excited because the USA made it out of their pool in the World League.

I just really like volleyball, and it just so happened that today was honestly a day FULL of volleyball for me. If I could, I would play it "for days" (Villa reference). In all honesty, volleyball is more than just a sport to me. It's kind of my life and my passion. If I had to choose between volleyball and any other sport I've played growing up ... I'd pass on all of those sports. I might even pass on the memories from those sports. I LOVE VOLLEYBALL!! Such great memories from club years!

Let's hope that tomorrow has more in store though, haha. Today was kind of a "blah" day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment