day 039. [relationships]

Today was a day full of just being around people and growing in our relationships. Be it my relationship between my youth pastor and me, my relationship with my pastor and his wife along with others, and even my relationship with a few of my friends from the youth group.

I was going to start today by going to the gym with my friend Clair Thiel; we have an interesting relationship as to how we became friends. Maybe I'll explain it if this blog doesn't get too long, ha. I didn't feel all that great this morning though, so I passed up on the gym with her. Next time though!!

Sometime in the prevening (Big Bang Theory) I met up with my youth pastor Angel to discuss me sharing my devos on Sunday night at the youth group. It was also just a time where we got to catch up on, maybe not the whole year, part of the year from my freshman year of college. It's sad to know their moving on from little Oak Harbor, but God's got some amazing things in store for Angel, Laura, Josiah, and their little boy that's on the way. If God can use Angel to turn many hardened hearts into the soft, but passionate, hearts they are now ... I know that God will continue to use him in Pasco.

Can't believe their leaving though, man. It was seriously my freshman year of high school when I met Angel and I was this little turd that was running up and down the hallway throwing out f-bombs left and right. I was a little 15 year old that had no self-respect for myself and yet I demanded respect from others. Thanks Angel for turning me around. Actually, thanks God for using Angel to turn me around :)

Can't wait for Sunday though!

Later this evening I went over to my pastor's house. Pastor Russ and his wife Ana invited a few people over to their house tonight. It was just a time that they gave us, as young adults, to get to know each other from the church. Granted I knew who most of the people were, there were a few people that I had yet to meet just because I was gone. While there Russ and Ana were open about their relationship with each other and before each other. Brought some insight as to what it means to me to be a Christian and wanting to pursue a relationship with another person. It was cool seeing how they were comfortable to talk about some of the things they did. I am so glad that God brought this family to our church to pastor over us after Dave and Snr. Veach ended up leaving. Oh yeah! Can't forget to mention that they have the cutest kids ever!! Hopefully someday I'll be doing their braces ;)

Around the time the sun started to set I met up with a few friends out at West Beach. I love these guys so much. As in Ally, Laura, and Jordan, ha. I just love those guys. It's been good to see and hear what has happened in their lives this past year. Some AMAZING things. I'm pretty sure though that in the midst of these amazing things were some times of utter despair. But I know that they were able to get through that. I'm so proud of those guys! I'm excited to see what's in store for them this upcoming school year. I'm especially excited to see what's going to happen in Ally & Jordan's lives seeing as they'll definitely be in a new season of their young adult lives.

It was just a great day today. Oh I forgot to mention one other thing ... B-E-A-U-tiful day!! Sunny all day!

PS. Seeing as this got long, feel free to ask me how come Clair and I have an interesting relationship. I'm fine explaining why it's so interesting, haha X)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I went to my pastor's house, too! Unfortunately, for different circumstances.. But it still was nice. =) And yes, I saw just one cloud all day, and I had to look for it. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete