day 043. [univ. of washington]

I'm aware that this is late, but to justify myself, this is only the 2nd time I've been late posting AND I also didn't get home from hanging out with friends until 2 in the AM. I hope you guys can take that as a legit reason as to why this is a late post ;)

Anyways, so yesterday I hung out with a friend, that I've had since the 6th Grade, at the University of Washington. It was so much fun because she goes to UW and I haven't seen Kathryn since I left for school. I'm pretty sure she was one of the last people I went to say bye to that morning I left. Man, bringing back memories from that last day I was here in Oak Harbor. But yeah, Kathryn was just showing me around campus, which is considerably larger than the University of Portland campus, ha. Tons of walking, I'm pretty sure I got a workout and got my tan going on yesterday seeing as it was really hot yesterday. In fact, I now have a gnarly tan line on my foot from my TOMS. If you want to see how bad it is, just ask me ... it's really bad.

Being at UW, I obviously had to take a lot at their library, haha. Go figure. Well, I'll be sure to link you guys to the library blog to see what I have to say about Univ. of Washington's library compared to the Univ. of Portland's library. Also being there I wanted to see the Harry Potter library that looks like the Great Hall from Harry Potter. Unfortunately, during summer quarter that library isn't open on Saturday's. Looks like Kathryn and I might have to go back to UW when it's open :)

I definitely took a few shots there that I want to show off, so keep an eye out on my flickr as well. Also, what was really cool was there were three different weddings going on at the UW Campus, ha. I really do have so much more to say, but it's kind of escaping my memory, haha. Maybe when we go back I'll write about my two visits to UW this past summer. If you're wondering, the picture is of one of the libraries! I love me my libraries X)

When we got back to Oak Harbor, I right of way went to my friend Courtney's grad party. It was really weird because I've known Courtney since she was in kindergarten. Now she's going off to school in Montana next year. It was a lot of fun hanging out with some of the Class of 2010 Graduates. It was honestly the first time I've hung out with a good group of them since I saw them last year after I graduated.

Afterwards I headed over to my friend Alexa's house where our other friend Kelsey came and joined us. Here's the catch they're upcoming Juniors, ha. When the three of us have hung out we always end up baking funfetti stuff. Before baking though we went and watched the sunset at West Beach. I'm starting to realize I can only watch the sunset so many times before it practically is the same one. From the sunset we went to Albertson's to pick up the funfetti where we saw Mr. Matt Poggie!! I love seeing him around. Gave him a good hug too. He's huggable!

When we got back to Alexa's house we had to decide if we wanted to make a funfetti cake. We didn't. Instead we made funfetti cookies! Because of that we managed to have made: Funfetti cupcakes (first time we ever baked), Funfetti cake (second time), and Funfetti cookies (third time). I always have a ton of fun hanging/baking with these ladies. Can't believe they're juniors this upcoming school year. I'm fo'sho going to be hanging out with these two more than just one more time this summer before I head back down to Portland.
----------------------------------------
Obviously, I got back too late to update, and because I had church the next morning I just wanted to get to bed. Keep an eye out later for day 044.

No comments:

Post a Comment