day 036. [lights, camera, action]

Today might be the one post where I actually reference the date. I try not to because well, I don't want to, ha. Today was July 3rd, 2010 and the weird thing was our annual 4th of July parade was today. It makes sense though, 4th of July happened to fall on a Sunday, which is when most people go to church. I was actually kind of dumbfounded when I found out that it was today, ha. I went, and I got some shots of my friends and I while watching the parade. When I say watching, take that with a grain of salt, just one, not a whole bunch of salt, ha. So pictures though can be seen on my flickr (I didn't put very many up because I'm trying to not upload so many on there that much).

If you're new to my blog, the other pictures from the different days are up, just not actual blogs. Also, if you're reading this and you have a tumblr but would like to follow I do have a tumblr as well. That one though has kind of just regular blogging on it too.

Moving on from social networking, after the parade a few friends and I walked around the carnival only because Jessica and Regine were hungry, haha. I think Jared might have been hungry too, but I only remember Jess and Regine being hungry. I eventually lost them because I got caught up talking to some friends that I obviously hadn't seen in a year! Man, can't believe I was gone for a whole year. It was nice though seeing some good ol' faces of people I remember and for that matter, liked.

After losing them, I went home and took a nap. Again, take that with a grain of salt because I passed out around 3ish? with an alarm clock for maybe 3:45 ... I woke up at 6 o'clock. I then lounged around for a bit before heading out to Jess' to watch a zombie movie, 28 Days Later to be exact. If zombie or scary movies aren't your thing, here's a synopsis of what goes on in the movie.

I ended up leaving early because I was tired. On the way home though I decided to stop by the carnival to mess around with pictures using light and slow shutters. As much as I would like to do some light graffiti, I would much prefer to do something with light that's moving. Like for example, that shot of the Octopus Ride while it was going. I have one other shot of another ride, and that can be found on my flickr as well.

Seeing as tomorrow is actually 4th of July, expect a firework picture or something like that. You've got to try new stuff every now and then! I'm taking advantage of it :)

Night guys!

3 comments:

  1. Tarra, if you comment. Know that I caught that it's another 11:11 post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was gonna say that "28 Days Later" has the guy that plays The Scarecrow in "Batman Begins." hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That works too, haha. Cillian Murphy? I watched Red Eye, which he is in, but for some reason I thought he was Tom Welling. It wasn't until tonight though that I realized that's not him. They look alike, maybe not now, but then they did.

    Oh yeah. We have a new follower on our library blog. She's my new friend :)

    ReplyDelete